(Award-Winning) White Chicken Chili With Cream Cheese
If you want supreme comfy food, then white chicken chili with cream cheese must be your recipe of the day. This recipe can hold every goodness and comfort on an amazing night. You can make a topping of your white chicken chili with sour cream, jalapenos, avocados, beans, corn kernels, and many more. Also, you can make this chicken chili recipe in a crock pot or on the stovetop.
The good thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to make, the best cozy food, and can be frozen for later use. It’s so yummy that you become eager to cook it every night. The best part is that you can make it within 30 minutes (I love this kind of quick recipe). Believe me, when you have this chicken recipe on your table, it will make you feel like this is the food you’ll ever be compelled to.
Table of Contents
- 3 Reasons for Loving the White Chicken recipe
- Ingredients You Need To Make the Best Chicken Chili Recipe
- Herbs and Spices
- Things for Topping
- Importance of Spices and Seasoning
- Instructions to Cook
- Step By Step Video of the Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
3 Reasons for Loving the White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese
- It’s an all-time family favorite, a delightful and tender recipe.
- You can make it either on a cooker or on a stovetop.
- The addition of cream cheese and heavy cream make it so unique, juicy, and luscious.
Ingredients You Need To Make the Recipe:
It’s not a low-Cal type of food, but it’s a comfortable one that’s filled with delicious ingredients. Here you go to find the list of ingredients:
- Olive oil (3 tbsp.)
- Yellow Onions ( 2 and finely chopped)
- Chicken Breast Fillets (800g)
- Whole milk (240ml)
- Garlic Cloves (8 and minced)
- Chicken Broth (1.2L)
- Cream Cheese (200g)
- Cheddar (150g and grated)
- Pickled Jalapenos (1-2)
- Green Chili or Small Green Bell Pepper (2, seeds removed and minced)
- Beans (500g)
- Corn Kernels(140g)
- Lime Juice (2 tbsp.)
Herbs and Spices
- Salt, Chili Flakes, Dried Oregano, Smoked Paprika, and Black Pepper (1 tsp.)
- Ground Cumin (1tbsp.)
Things for Topping
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Corn Chips
- Cheddar ( shredded)
- Full-fat yogurt or sour cream
- Green Onions (chopped)
Importance of Spices and Seasoning
The spices and seasoning are important to give your recipe a wonderful flavor.
Instructions to Cook:
- Assemble all the ingredients before start cooking: remove the skin from the green peppers and mince, mince the garlic and finely chop the onions.
- Take a large pot, add oil, and heat it. Add green chili, onion, and garlic cloves to the oil, and sauté for 3 minutes until these three ingredients become soft and fragrant. Season it with spices and tamper for 2 minutes. Add chicken fillets and then pour chicken broth, bring it to boil, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, extract the chicken fillets and shred them with the help of two forks.
On the other hand, add cheddar, cream cheese, and milk. Stir them to be dissolved, and then add corn Kernels and beans, give them a boil and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Don’t forget to stir in between.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot with lime juice, and sprinkle salt and pepper to adjust the taste.
- Top with corn Kernels, grated cheese, cilantro, green onion, jalapenos, and cream. Serve with crumbly and crispy pieces of bread.
It is good to know that the white chicken chili with cream cheese recipe has an estimated 537 kcal per serving.
- For this recipe, it’s good to use a large pot or 6-quart Dutch oven.
- It can be cooked within 30 minutes, but if you are left to simmer for a longer time, you will get an enhanced flavor with good consistency.
- You can add topping as many as you want, or as few as you like.
- The best trick is that you should cook chicken in the broth with all the ingredients so that the flavor can infuse into the chicken.
- The key to getting moist and juicy chicken is that you should cook it for only 15 minutes. The longer cooking time will turn the chicken to become dry.
- Using a mixture of mild and hot peppers will provide a delicious kick with cream cheese. To make chili chicken super creamy, use full-fat cream cheese with a big hand of grated cheddar.
- You can cook this recipe on a stovetop, slow cooker, or instant pot. You merely need to take upkeep the amount of broth.
Frequently Asked Questions
|How to thicken the white chili chicken?
Ans. If you want a thick white chicken chili, then leave it to cook for a longer time. You can also add a bit of flour or corn starch to get a comfy thick consistency.
What is the distinction between regular chili and white chili?
Ans. We use tomatoes and beef to make regular chili, while we use white beans to make white chili. Also, we don’t add tomatoes to white chili.
Which one is better? The stove or a crockpot.
Ans. You can prepare it in any case. If you have a longer time to cook then use a slow cooker. But, if you don’t have plenty of time then stove us best option to make it quickly.
What kind of chicken is best for White Chicken Chili?
Ans. Rotisserie chicken is the best option or you can use cooked chicken.
How long can I preserve white chicken chili?
Ans. You can keep it in the freezer for around 3 months. Good idea is to keep many small containers and take out one when you need one.
What kind of beans can we use for chili chicken?
Ans. You can use Cannellini beans or Great Northern beans.
Can I swap out the turkey in place of chicken?
Ans. Yes, you can use turkey instead of chicken.