If you’re searching for a recipe that is “dump and bake” then try oven-baked knorr chicken broccoli rice casserole. We must say, this is the finest Knorr chicken rice casserole we have forever. My Knorr chicken broccoli rice casserole is savory, delicious, and creamy. When I was a kid, Knorr broccoli rice was my favorite and, STILL, it is, because it is the evergreen casserole recipe.
This recipe is cheesy, creamy, and loaded with broccoli, and chicken is an all-time family favorite. Read this blog post to know the recipe for making Knorr chicken Broccoli casserole.
Table of Contents
- Why you should make Knorr Chicken Broccoli Rice
- Ingredients You Need
- Total Time Required For the Knorr Chicken Broccoli Rice Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why you should make it?
In this article, you will find some potential reasons to make Knorr chicken broccoli rice in the oven. Here you go:
- Knorr chicken and rice bake are old-fashioned, but the ease of good comfort food.
- It’s a dump and bake form of the recipe as it is semi-homemade. Because you need premade rice mixes and canned soups to make this Knorr chicken broccoli recipe.
- The best part is, that you can make it within 15 minutes, but don’t think it’s a from-scratch recipe.
- Knorr chicken rice bake is a superb dish for pleasant or haste holidays, thanksgiving side dish, crowd weeknight pleaser, or a Christmas gathering.
- Oven-baked broccoli whirling in the cheese and chicken will grab the eaters.
Ingredients You Need For Oven-Baked Knorr Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole.
- 3-quart baking dish (9×13 or 10×14)
- Chopped Frozen broccoli
- 2 Knorr Rice Sides (broccoli and cheddar flavor)
- Cream of the Chicken soup (1can)
- Water (1 cup)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (1 can)
- Boneless and skinless Chicken Breasts (4halves)
- Knorr leek recipe mix (1 pct.)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese (1 cup)
- Can opener
- Measuring spoon
Seasoning and spices
- Garlic salt (1/2 tbsp.)
- Seasoned salt (1/2 tbsp.)
- Basil (1tsp. optional)
- Dijon Mustard (1 tbsp.)
- Cheddar cheese soup or Nacho (1 can)
It’s better to use frozen broccoli as it saves time and turns out the greatest way. We recommend you too to just have frozen broccoli. Before use, washed and drained it thoroughly as moisture affects the flavor of chicken rice casserole. When you have done it with the chopped broccoli, you can add everything to the same baking dish. This is very easy to prepare, and this recipe is appealing, delightful, and pleasant. I always make a double batch, one for now, and retain the other for the next use in the freezer.
Total Time Required:
- Preparation time: 10mins.
- Baking Time: 14mins.
- Resting Time: 10mins.
Instructions to Bake Knorr chicken broccoli rice casserole
Assemble all ingredients, read the instructions, and put it all together.
- Turn on the oven to 375F.
- At the foot of the casserole bowl, add the chicken stock and cream of chicken soup mix.
- Mix the chicken stock and cream of chicken soup with a whisk.
- Add the rice to the mixture and whisk again until well combined. Keep all the contents misty.
- Now, tip the chopped broccoli into the rice mixture, and cover the top entirely with the broccoli.
- On the layer above the broccoli, add raw chicken tenders.
- Dust the top with seasoning and spices.
- Lay out the shredded cheese on the top layer of chicken.
- Pack it with tinfoil.
- Keep the dish in the oven and let it bake for 45 minutes.
If you want your Chicken broccoli rice to be a little browned from the top, then you can eliminate the tinfoil and place it in the oven again for 3-5mins.
- Garnish with fresh parsley (optional) and serve right from the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top (it’s optional), and serve it in the casserole dish.
- Though we like the Knorr brands, there are other brands as well. You should try those premade mixes to change the flavors.
- When you don’t have flavored cream soups or, you don’t like them- add all cream of chicken.
- My family loves thigh pieces more than breasts. You can also use skinless, boneless thighs halves as an alternative to chicken breast.
- The seasoning is up to you. You can add seasoning of your choices like onion and garlic powders, basil, cumin, or paprika.
- If you’re a veggie-lover, you can easily add chopped fresh broccoli.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I defrost the broccoli and use chicken breast instead of tenders?
Ans. Yes, you can defrost the broccoli and use chicken breast instead of chicken tenders, but you have to bake your Knorr rice casserole longer.
2. Can I use the Casserole Lid instead of tinfoil?
Ans. Using a lid is fine, but I always use foils to cover the dish because I want to keep the moisture in it, which is important.
3. How long can I freeze Knorr chicken rice casserole?
Ans. You can freeze it for up to 3-4 days.
4. Can I reheat the Knorr chicken broccoli rice casserole?
Ans. Yes, you can reheat it. If you’re heating the entire broccoli rice casserole, then cover the casserole dish with foil (loosely cover) and keep it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes at 350F. You can reheat the individual portion for 2-3mins in the microwave.
5. How can we make Knorr rice not sticky?
Ans. To avoid stickiness, sauté your Knorr rice in cooking oil and then boil it. When you sauté it, the starch in the grain becomes sealed, thus your rice will not get sticky. Another important thing is, always add rice to high-temperature water so that it can quickly boil.