It’s dreadful to see, that your legs are covered with bumps and spots when you want to wear a short dress or skirt. These bumps and black spots are referred to as strawberry legs. Folliculitis is the medical terminology for this condition and it develops when pores of the leg become congested and seem like dark bumps which resemble strawberry seeds and skins. But luckily, you can prevent your legs from these black spots. In this blog post, you will learn how to get rid of strawberry legs with apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
- Strawberry Legs
- Strawberry Skin
- Strawberry Skin Arms
- Bumps on Thighs
- Conditions that Cause Strawberry Legs
- Symptoms of Strawberry Legs
- How to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs?
- How to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs with Apple Cider Vinegar?
- How to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs with Baking Soda?
- Strawberry Legs Treatment
When the small black dots seem on the upper layer of skin of your leg, you can call it Strawberry Legs. It is caused by swollen hair glands. The ingrown hair becomes trapped in these follicles along with oil, some bacteria, and dead skin cells. You can call it open comedones. This condition makes your leg’s skin very rough and dry as well. Though this is not harmful, it makes you feel self-conscious because the outer layer of your legs appears like strawberry skin.
Strawberry skin is a genetic condition that develops on the thighs, buttocks, upper arm, and cheeks. It can be observed as patches of rough and hard bumps on the skin. Strawberry skin is also referred to as Keratosis Pilaris.
Strawberry Skin Arms
When keratin is clogged in the pores and restricts the hairs to grow from their follicles, a small bump appears, making the skin rough. The actual reason is unknown but the study suggests that kids and teenagers are more exposed to strawberry skin. Some risk factors promote the development of strawberry skin. These factors are obesity, eczema, hormonal alterations, and fever.
Bumps On Thighs
The thighs of your body are the area that is more prone to skin irritation or the development of strawberry skin. The reason is that thighs are sweaty, dark, and hot, providing an accurate breeding system for fungi and bacteria.
You know quite well that bacteria and fungi also block the pores of your skin hair follicles, causing the enhancement of strawberry skin.
What are the Conditions that Cause Strawberry Legs
Let’s learn some factors that cause Folliculitis or promote Strawberry Legs.
- Dry Skin: Proper moisturizing of your skin is important, and if you don’t care about the moisture of your superficial layer, it becomes dry and vulnerable to touchiness when shaving.
- Keratosis Pilaris: When your skin secretes a higher amount of Keratin and blocks the hair follicles, the skin appears patchy with tiny bumps. This symptom is termed Chicken skin.
- Folliculitis: When fungi or bacteria attack on your skin, the hair follicles get inflamed to block them, resulting in the blockage of ingrown hair. It is commonly developed after shaving.
Common Symptoms of Strawberry Legs
The strawberry legs don’t cause pain and itchiness but, here lie some symptoms of strawberry legs:
- The legs look dotted.
- The pores of the legs seem darkened.
- When the legs or skin are shaved, brown or black spots appear.
How To Get Rid Of Strawberry Legs
If you adopt some tweaks to your shaving and shower routine, you will soon get rid of the strawberry legs.
Here are the habits you should adopt:
- Moisturize your skin and body daily and properly.
- Always use shaving lotion or shaving cream before shaving.
- Regularly exfoliate your skin.
- Using an epilator is a good option to reduce the risk of developing strawberry skin.
- Use products that are rich in glycolic and salicylic acids.
How To Get Rid Of Strawberry Legs With Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider is a naturally constrictive substance that unclogs the pores, shrinks them, and lowers the appearance of black spots on the skin.
Things you need
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs
- Add some Apple Cider Vinegar to your bathtub full of water.
- Soak yourself for some time.
- After the bath, take equal amounts of rose water and apple cider vinegar mixed them thoroughly, and use them as mist. It’s up to you if you add peppermint oil or lavender.
How Often You Can Try This Remedy?
You can apply this medication day to day.
Also, read our other article: Best Food To Eat When Taking Ibuprofen
How To Get Rid Of Strawberry Legs With Baking Soda
Baking soda is an antibacterial and anti-fungal substance. When you apply it to your body surface, your skin becomes smooth because of baking soda. In some cases, this soda is used to cure the dryness of the skin.
Things You Need
- Baking soda
How To Use Baking Soda to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs
- Combine baking soda in water in such a way that it forms a thick paste.
- Apply it to your strawberry skin.
- Keep it on the skin for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
How Often You Can Try This Remedy?
This cure can be applied daily.
Strawberry Legs Treatment
If your home remedies don’t work with the strawberry legs then you should go to the professionals. Experts will use modern techniques to remove or recover your radiant and smooth skin. Clinical professionals can either use laser therapy or electrolysis therapy.
The Laser Therapy
Someone with strawberry skin needs to take three to seven episodes of laser therapy for the complete removal of hair because this therapy is precise and targeted.
Experts give a low level of electricity to the problematic hair follicles thus restricting the development of ingrown hairs.
Your doctor may also give you creams or gels to treat strawberry skin.
Strawberry skin is a harmless condition that can be overcome by taking regular care and using moisture-rich over-the-counter products.