Cheese Shrimp Penny Pasta and Spinach Recipe
Italian consumers preferred Penne Pasta, and the shaped pasta has the greatest sales volume. The sales of pasta has reached around 282.6 thousand metric tons in 2020 in Russia. On the other hand, French folks utilize 524.6 million euros in purchasing shrimp. So, by seeing these statistics, we thought to bring a recipe for you that is famous, liked, and preferred. The Cheese Shrimp Penny Pasta and Spinach are the core of our recipe.
We know, pasta is being loved by everyone today. And, the addition of seafood in pasta makes like—yummmm in the recipe. Cheesy Shrimp and Penny Pasta is again a healthy and hearty meal with lesser cooking time. We have always tried to bring that kind of recipe, which always hit your brain and taste buds. But, we not only take care of your taste, but we are also concerned about your fitness too.
This recipe is a blend of taste and fitness. The pasta which is delicious is infused with shrimp flavor and a bunch of spinach. Shrimp— a protein meal that has a unique taste, which is spiced up with spinach and cream.
In this article, you will get to know the ingredients and detailed instructions for penny pasta with shrimp. We have added some variations for you. You will definitely like the recipe once you try it.
Let’s get crack the elegant recipe.
Table of Contents
- Time Required to Make Cheesy Shrimp Pasta
- Good to Know the Nutrition Information
- Cooking Tips
- Variations in the Cheese Shrimp Penny Pasta and the Spinach
- Feta Cheese Pasta with Shrimp
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Time Required to Make Cheesy Shrimp Pasta
|Prep Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||25 minutes||35 minutes|
- Shrimps ( ½lbs, peeled, deveined, and tails off)
- Salt and Pepper
- Penny Pasta (1 box)
- Parmesan Cheese (1/2 cup)
- Baby Spinach (Raw, 4 cups)
- Olive Oil (1tbsp)
- Butter (2tbsp)
- Minced Garlic (2tsp)
- Mozzarella Cheese (1cup)
Follow these easy steps to make penny pasta with shrimp.
- Cook the Pasta
Heat your penny pasta until it’s done to your choice. Drain it and grease it with oil to avoid stickiness. Keep aside.
- Sauté the Prawn
Put your skillet on the stovetop, and add 2tbsp of olive oil to it. Sauté the Prawn, and toss salt and pepper into the Prawn for seasoning. Cook it for a few minutes until the prawn changes color.
- Sauté the Spinach
Now incorporate spinach, and garlic into the skillet and cook them. Let the spinach wilt.
- Mix Prawn Mixture and Pasta
In a dish, mix the Prawn, spinach, and cooked pasta. Add Shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese with butter. Bring it to a good mix.
- Serve it
Sprinkle some parmesan, thyme, and parsley on the top and serve it hot. Enjoy!
Good to Know the Nutrition Information
- Thoroughly wash the shrimp. It’s better to wash it with vinegar water, as it reduces the smell of shrimp and gives it a shiny look.
- Properly drain the shrimp after washing, otherwise, your food will be mushy.
- Don’t overcook your penny pasta.
- Adding the juice of lime will enhance the flavor of the shrimp.
- You can also add cherry tomatoes to the cheesy shrimp pasta.
- You can substitute the spinach with broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, or asparagus.
- To make the shrimp pasta more delicious, use grilled veggies.
- You can substitute the shrimp with chicken, beef, or fish chunks.
- Try herbs like basil or thyme.
- If you don’t use cheese, you can make a sauce of coconut milk cashew butter.
- Don’t use pre-shredded cheese, it will not melt properly.
Also read our other article: Chicken Scampi with Garlic Parmesan Rice
Variations in the cheese Shrimp Penny Pasta and the Spinach
There are some insane variations in shrimp spinach pasta, you must try it on!
1. Feta Cheese Pasta with Shrimp
Feta cheese is luscious and delectable, the invention of this recipe is very amazing. This is an easy and delicious recipe that looks like restaurant-made and took only 30 minutes.
Some people only use feta cheese, but to make it hearty and velvety, use parmesan and burrata cheese too.
You need tomatoes, olive oil, red pepper flakes lemon zest, shrimp, cheese, pasta, spinach, herb, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- The first step is preparing tomatoes. Fill the center of the tomato with cheese and toss salt, pepper, flakes, olive oil, and chopped garlic. Spread it on the baking dish and let it bake.
- Boil pasta and keep it aside.
- When the tomatoes are done, add the remaining herbs and lemon zest. Make a smooth paste of all these ingredients.
- Sauté the Prawn with garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and herbs. Let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the tomato cheese sauce, and let it heat.
- After 10 minutes, add pasta and mix it in a way, that all ingredients become infused with each other.
2. Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
The penny shrimp Alfredo with spinach is a classy, delicious, comfortable, and silky meal. We suggest you must try this variation. Your friends and family will like it.
You need garlic, heavy cream, parmesan, shrimp, spinach, and seasonings.
- In the beginning, prepare Alfredo sauce. For this, take your skillet, melt the butter, add chopped garlic and sauté it. When it’s spread fragrance, pour heavy cream, and let it cook until thickens to a little bit. Stir in between.
- Add cheese, and stir to make it melt. A thick, rich Alfredo sauce is ready. Add spinach into it.
- On the other side boil your pasta, and drain it.
- Prepare the shrimp by sautéing it in olive oil. Toss the seasoning and let it tenderize fully.
- Now mix pasta and prawns into the Alfredo sauce and stir it from all sides.
- Sprinkle parmesan, parsley, or thyme on the top, and serve it warm.
The recipe packs itself a bomb of flavors and healthy nutrients. The shrimp is proteinous, rich in omega-3, vitamins, and minerals. This seafood has a different taste, not like a fishy one. Try this healthy and Hearty recipe and enjoy the day!